Poor Home ventilation allows moisture and airborne pollutants to build up inside your home. This can cause health problems such as asthma for you and other members of your household. Moisture can also make your home uncomfortable to live in and damage its structure.
Home Ventilation Systems, Does it really make any difference?
Yes. A 2005 BRANZ survey of the condition of New Zealand homes found that many were damp and poorly ventilated.
Most bathrooms relied only on windows for ventilation. Only half of kitchens vented moist air to the outside. And 40% of timber-framed homes had poor or seriously inadequate subfloor ventilation.
- Musty smells in rooms that are closed for any period of time
- Damp or mouldy clothes or shoes in wardrobes
- Mould or mildew forming behind paintings, mirrors etc.
- Stains or watermarks on ceilings or walls
- Mouldy ceilings and walls, particularly in kitchens or bathrooms
- Problems with areas of rotting wood in the structure of your house
- Damp or mould under the house.
MOISTURE CREATED BY COMMON HOUSEHOLD ACTIVITIES
- Cooking – 3.0 Litre per day
- Clothes washing – 0.5 per Litre day
- Showers and baths – 1.5 per Litre day (per person)
- Dishes – 1.0 Litre per day
- Clothes drying (unvented) – 5.0 Litre per load
- Gas heater (unflued) – Up to 1.0 Litre per hour
- Breathing, active – 0.2 Litre per hour (per person)
- Breathing, asleep 0.02 Litre per hour (per person)
- Perspiration – 0.03 per Litre hour
- Pot plants – as much as you give them
Benefits of Ventilation
Condensation Control, Health Advantages, Pure Air, Positive Air Pressure, Free Heat when available, Cost Savings to heating bills, No More Odours or Dampness, Protect Your Home and Assets
Choose the right Home Ventilation System
Home Ventilation System should have good quality Filter, ducts and should be able to pass Fresh Air properly and should transfer Heat in proportion. Also check that the house ventilation system has the Warranty and what’s the cost to run it. Air ventilation systems should be easy and simple to use.
Zephyr Pure Air Ventilation System
Home Ventilation Filters
The filters used in Air Ventilation Systems are of Hospital Grade for getting Pure Air In the Home. The filters used are HEPA Filters and check more about hepa filters on WiKi Pedia and about Home Ventilation
Zephyr Air Home Ventilation Systems are Made & designed in New Zealand and are installed by the certified installers.
We had Zephyr system installed in 2012 and we are really pleased with it, it makes enormous difference in our house, always maintain comfort temperature in the house. We love being able to use the Heat Transfer kit with this system. No condensation and bad smells any more, Huge reduction in dust, so i don’t have to wipe our coffee table that often.
Thanks for a great service.
Our Zephyr Ventilation System was installed in our home in 2013, very kindly donated by JSR Refrigeration & Air Conditioning when my young son Luca was having cancer treatment in Starship Hospital. The intense super chemo drugs that Luca had while having Bone Marrow Transplant severely affected his lungs and it was life threatening for him to live in a damp environment, not only because of his lungs, but also because the immune system is so compromised by having chemotherapy that mould is a killer for kids having chemo.
South Waikato is one of the most damp and cold places in north island. I’ve had HRV / DVS in my rental properties however this one (Zephyr) ACTUALLY works EVEN during the coldest nights (up to -6 degrees outside) without freezing your house where as others fail to deliver especially during the cold nights in winters when you need it the most.